Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Kaleb's Special Week

Kaleb turned 8 on Friday and has had a very busy week.

On Wednesday he had a birthday party with all of his friends at the water park. It was very windy which kind of ruined the party, but as you can see they still had a blast.

100_2590

100_2588

100_2594

 

On Friday he was soo excited excited for his birthday to finally arrive. He woke up early and couldn't wait to open his present from Amie and I. It was a new game for his Nintendo DS...just what he wanted!! After opening his gift , Kaleb and I went to Denny's for breakfast before going to school.  When he came home from school he was especially excited that Grandma Ensign had arrived from California.

100_2596 

 

Saturday was Kaleb's baptism. He was baptized with the Bishop's son Cameron. There were 4 children baptized in our ward that day, so to make it easier and less crowded they decided to split them up into two separate baptisms. It was wonderful that so many family members were able to be there. My Uncle Dave and Tammy and their two boys Colin and Greg, my sister Becky, my sister Theresa and her husband Justin, Amie's Mom, and my Mom and Dad were all able to make it - which made Kaleb feel very special.

100_2603

100_2604

 

After the baptism it was back to our house for pizza, cake, and ice cream.  We really enjoyed being together to celebrate Kaleb's special day.

100_2608

100_2605

100_2607

100_2639 

100_2611

100_2617

100_2628   

 

Kaleb received a special gift from Grandma Ensign for his baptism. It was a new set of scriptures and the case was one that his Grandpa Ensign used. She put a picture of him in the pocket so that Kaleb can always remember they are special.

100_2632

100_2631

We Love You Kaleb!!!

7 comments:

  1. I loved seeing your eight year old, Kaleb, and reading about his baptism. I didn't realize that you had an eight year old too. Well, mine will be eight in July. We are in the midst of planning her baptism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute family!

    Rebekah's friend, Tammy

    Family is such an important part of having a full and balanced life.

    www.intentionalachievements.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to kaleb and to you, kevin and amie. such a great accomplishment for you all. you look so happy! (and amie - i love your long hair - it's so pretty!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amie, I am so glad you left a message on my blog...I can't believe your oldest is 8! You have such a cute family. I am listening to the sound track of Wicked and I think that your voice is equally as amazing as the people that sing these songs!!! Jana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, congrats Kaleb!!! I can't believe that's he's already 8. I guess that will be us next year...it's kindof hard to believe!! You guys are doing such a good job. Your family is beautiful and you all look soooo happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. Congrats Kaleb! We will soon join you in the ward.

    Logan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aimee, you look beautiful! I can't beleive Kaleb is so big now. I remember him as a roly poly little baby hanging out at your apartment when we each just had one baby.

    ReplyDelete